Organizations all around the world utilize Mightycause to fundraise and accept donations.
To utilize Mightycause's fundraising tools your organization must be either be a registered 501(c)(3) public charity within the United States or possess a US bank account.
- If your organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, you can claim your nonprofit here. 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to create charitable cause fundraisers which are tax-deductible for US donors.
- If your organization is not a 501(c)(3) public charity but possesses as US bank account you are eligible to create a personal cause fundraiser on Mightycause. Personal fundraisers provide you all the essential fundraising tools you need, except US donors do not receive tax-deductible receipts. Click here to learn more about how to start a personal fundraiser for a nonprofit organization.
- If your organization does not possess either, you may want to consider fiscal sponsorship. Click here to view a directory of organizations willing to act as a fiscal sponsor. Organizations that are overseas can reach out to an organization listed in the directory to have them act as a fiscal agent so that these organizations can receive tax deductible contributions.
- To participate, what we will need is a Memorandum of Understanding/Letter between the fiscal sponsor and the sponsored organization with the following:
- Approval for the sponsored organization to use the sponsoring organization’s EIN for tax purposes, including a signature from both entities.
- The letter needs to be on the sponsoring organization’s letterhead with its address and EIN.
- The letter needs to include the fiscally sponsored organization’s name and address. If you’d like to receive the funds directly to the sponsored organization’s office, you will want to include the sponsoring organization’s authorization in the letter stating this.
- The letter can contain other pieces of information that the organizations agree are important as well, per your discretion.
- Once you have this documentation completed, simply email email@example.com with an attached document of your letter and we can move forward with creating your page.
Lastly, please note that all donations on Mightycause are processed in US dollar. International donors should be cognizant of conversion rates.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org